Title: Warm Leatherette
Label: Island Records
Style: New Wave, Dub, Synth-pop, Disco
Cat: ILPS 9592
Format: MP3, FLAC, WMA
FLAC size: 1334 mb | MP3 size: 1091 mb | WMA size: 2509 mb
|1||Love Is The Drug|
Written-By – Andy Mackay, Bryan Ferry
|2||The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game|
Written-By – William "Smokey" Robinson
Written-By – Chrissie Hynde
Written-By – Daniel Miller
Written-By – Jacques Higelin
|6||A Rolling Stone|
Written-By – Denice Williams, Fritz Baskett, Grace Jones
Written-By – Barry Reynolds
Written-By – Tom Petty
- Bass – Robbie Shakespeare
- Design [Clothes By] – Issey Miyake
- Drums – Sly Dunbar
- Engineer [Assistant] – Harold Dorsett, Kendell Stubbs
- Engineer [Recording] – Alex Sadkin
- Guitar – Barry (White) Reynolds, Michael (Mao) Chung
- Keyboards – Wally Badarou
- Lacquer Cut By – TJ
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Grace Jones
- Percussion – Uzziah (Sticky) Thompson
- Photography By, Design – Jean Paul Goude
- Producer, Mixed By – Alex Sadkin, Chris Blackwell
Some copies came with a sticker on the front cover: "This LP contains hit material".
Some copies have a gold promotional stamp on the sleeve.
Original US release.
Pressed by Capitol Records pressing facility, Winchester, VA
Other pressing variations also exist.
Recorded & mixed at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas
Manufactured & distributed by Warner Bros. Records Inc. a Warner Communications Company
Made in U.S.A.
—Center labels info—
Produced & Mixed By Chris Blackwell & Alex Sadkin at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas
A1. WB Music Corp.-ASCAP
A2. Al Gallico Music Corp.-BMI
A3. Grace Jones Enterprises Ltd.-ASCAP
A4. E.G. Music Inc.-BMI
B1. Jobete Music Co., Inc.-ASCAP
B2. Airstream Music, Ltd.
B3. Skyhill Pub. Co., Inc.-BMI
B4. Island Music/Nymph Music, Inc.-BMI
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Barcode: 0 7599-29592-1
- Matrix / Runout (A Runout Etching): ILPS 1 9592 WWI #2 –◁ [STERLING-stamped] TJ
- Matrix / Runout (B Runout Etching): ILPS 2 9592 WWI -◁ [STERLING--stamped] TJ
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Compass Point Studios
- Mixed At – Compass Point Studios
- Produced At – Compass Point Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
- Published By – WB Music Corp.
- Published By – Al Gallico Music Corp.
- Published By – Grace Jones Enterprises, Ltd.
- Published By – E.G. Music, Inc.
- Published By – Jobete Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Airstream Music Ltd.
- Published By – Skyhill Publishing Co., Inc.
- Published By – Island Music
- Published By – Nymph Music, Inc.
Warm Leatherette is the fourth studio album by Grace Jones, released on 9 May 1980 by Island Records. The album features contributions from the reggae production duo Sly and Robbie and is a departure from Jones' earlier disco sound, moving towards a new wave-reggae direction. Although having established herself as a performer with a string of club hits in the US and a large gay following, Jones had only achieved very modest commercial success with her first three disco albums. For Warm Leatherette. Warm Leatherette - Grace Jones. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Grace Jones - Warm Leatherette 1980. To favorites 4 Download album. Listen album. New Wave. Grace Jones. Songs in album Grace Jones - Warm Leatherette 1980. Grace Jones - Warm Leatherette. Grace Jones - Private Life. Grace Jones - A Rolling Stone. Grace Jones - Love Is The Drug. Grace Jones - The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game. Grace Jones - Bullshit. Grace Jones - Breakdown. Grace Jones - Pars. Warm Leatherette, Grace Jones career-shifting 1980 release, gives a glimpse of the artist just as her true genius was coming into sharp focus. Few human beings have so fully embodied the notion of a singular artist more so than Grace Jones. Warm Leatherette is the fourth studio album by Jamaican recording artist Grace Jones. The album was released on 9 May 1980 through Island Records. For the album Jones worked with reggae producers Sly and Robbie. The album is different from Jones' first three albums as they were mainly disco and R&B. This album had reggae and electronica sounds. Chris Blackwell planned to make a record with a harsh sound that was heavy with Jamaican rhythm. Side A. Warm Leatherette Daniel Miller 4:25. Warm Leatherette. Album 1980 8 Songs. Pop 1980. Grace Jones teamed with the great reggae production duo of Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare on this 1980 album, and made the transition from straight dance and club act into quasi-pop star with reggae and urban contemporary leanings. The single Private Life was one of her best, and the overall album had more energy and production gloss than previous LPs that had been aimed completely at the club market. It helped that Jones seemed enthused about the session and really put herself into the songs. Listen free to Grace Jones Warm Leatherette Warm Leatherette, Private Life and more. 8 tracks 38:06